I thought I’d make a short list of thought provoking pixel games to play if you ever need to just spend some time alone.
The Majesty of Colours
Awakening as a sea creature, this game has 5 different endings depending on whether you want to help or hinder. It has a little subplot that considers the moral implications of being a ‘monster’. (Point and click)
I Wish I Were The Moon
8 different endings. Adapted from a short story called “The Distance of the Moon” by Italo Cadaverini. A girl is in love with a boy, but he loves the moon, and thus the girl takes matters into her own hands. (Point and click)
A love story revolving around three different characters and whether being morally good or morally evil has an impact on your future. Drag the characters around the screen to decide the plot. (Point and click)
Today I Die
This game follows the story of a girl who originally has no hope in anything but discovers, through some beautifully worded phrases, that there is some goodness in the world worth living for. The game has two happy endings. It’s been 4 years and the soundtrack still makes me cry. (Point and click)
A guide to common terms used in describing tiaras
Here is a list of games that I have compiled and that have personally made me feel… this weird… fuzzy feeling. These games are adventures, they’re something that will make you have to sit down and think about. I’ll update it if I ever get that feeling again.
You Find Yourself in a Room - manually input text
"Heads up: This game features some foul language and a few heartbreakingly demeaning insults, particularly in the second half. You’ve been warned."
Alter Ego - choices
“Alter Ego is an online life simulation browser game. (It’s hard to explain.)”
no-one has to die. - puzzles
"4 people are trapped in a building fire and need your help to escape."
A small talk - manually input text
You wake up. Alone, in a dark room. Alone? No, there is someone talking to you through a console. Will you respond?
i love indie games. they are practically my lifeblood. seriously, these things are fantastic. in some cases, they can outweigh the insanely priced, over hyped commercial games that you see everywhere. maybe not in graphics but in story line and experience and that’s what i feel you should get out of a game.
so i’ve tried my best to whip up a list of 300+ free indie games! they’re across a pretty wide number of genres and skill levels, and i still have a lot of work left to do, but i’d like to present you with my list now. this blog will also be entirely dedicated to them. come check it out if you’d like to help.
and without further ado, 300+ free indie games
This is a simple text based game where you play as a young trans person trying to buy some underwear. I made it with the intention of showing cis people what it’s like to be trans. You can play as a trans girl, trans boy, or a nonbinary person. It’s short, so you can play it multiple times for different paths. There are several paths, some better, some worse; if you’re easily triggered by dysphoria or transphobia, you may want to avoid this game. Some paths are safer than others, depending on how well you pass (surprise, surprise). TW for homophobic/transphobic slurs, transphobia/transmisogyny, slurs, misgendering, and possible violence.
I did this just to see how relatable it was, and holy shit it was like someone put me back in the spots i was in only a year ago. My heart is racing shit.
ow… my everything hurts…
Hey all my cis followers: this is instructive. Go play it.
Essential Productivity Apps for any student:
- Caffeine- Prevents your screen from going into sleep mode. Great if you’re writing notes on an article and the screen keeps dimming, whilst you hope that if you stare long enough, the phrase “homologous ways to a view of hegemony” will start to make sense.
- Flux- If you find that you can’t sleep for ages after studying late at night, then this app is a total game changer. It basically turns the light on the screen red, because science people say that blue light keeps you awake and red light doesn’t. (*Full Disclosure* I’m not a scientist)
- Focusbar- The annoying voice of your mother nagging you to finish your homework…in app form. You can set the annoying level (I have it set on “wildly annoying”) and a bar will appear in the corner every few seconds to remind you that you’re supposed to be doing something else besides looking at cat photos.
- Microsoft Office- self explanatory, so I’ve linked to an article about life hacks for Microsoft Office instead. Because I’m just that awesome.
- Nag- Does your 5 minute study break keep turning into an hour on Youtube? Then you need Nag in your life. It’s basically an alarm/timer. But an extremely loud and annoying alarm/timer that’s very difficult to ignore. The bells genuinely sound more judgemental the longer you ignore it.
- Self Control- Also known as Cold Turkey for Microsoft users. If you absolutely cannot be trusted with an internet connection, then you need Self Control in your life. You add a list of websites to the “blacklist”and then set how long you want the app to work for, and for that duration of time you wont be able to access those website. Seriously, not even rebooting your computer or uninstalling the app will let you access the blacklist until your time is up. Tough love at its finest.
- Zotero- The new love of my life. Zotero allows you to manage all your citations and sources in one easy place. It’s an absolute life saver- no joke. There’s an in-word add in, so it will write your bibliography and citations for you in any format you want. There’s a chrome/firefox add in and a mobile app, so you don’t even have to type the citation into Zotero. Just press the button it does all the hard work for you. It even updates itself online, so you can still access your bibliography if your computer crashes. I <3 Zotero 5eva.
i dont think you guys appreciate how rad this site is
because first of all you got your basic fantasy and game race names for like
BUT AS IF THAT ISN’T ENOUGH
REAL NAMES WHICH ARE GOOD FOR BOOKS
AND THIS THERE’S MORE????
BAM, PLACE NAMES
AND STILL MORE
SO YOU SEE THESE LITTLE OPTIONS HERE
GO AND TRY TO HELP A GOOD PERSON OUT